What it Takes to BE Motivated — Consistently

 

Let’s face it — We aren’t motivated all the time. We go through peaks and valleys of motivation. When we are in a valley we tend to try to pull ourselves out by locking onto things that will motivate us. This might include things like listening to motivational speakers, reading motivational books and even attempting to change our state via chants and incantations. But question still remains; How does peak performers keep their state elevated day in and day out? The answer is simple, but may be more complex than most will be ready to commit to.

Before we get to the strategy of peak performer consistent motivation, let’s first examine our current state — and how we view it — our perception of how we feel. So, how do you feel right now? Your answer is a tell-all sign as to your readiness to take control of this peak and valleys process that we all seem to be victim of. If your answer was negative, then you may be the very thing that is holding you back from altering your motivation level. If your answer was semi-positive, then being on the fence is a sign of lack of focused decision making. If your answer was positive, then your ideal motivation state is higher than where you currently are. But simply becoming aware of HOW you answered the question is a very strong indicator of how you view your state. This tells you that you are judging yourself in some form or fashion, not allowing yourself to change by blocking growth.

STEP-BY-STEP: Here is your guide to accessing a consistent form of motivation…

 

STEP 1: CLEAR your mind of JUDGING your current state, allowing it to be as it is — regardless of how it feels. (EVEN if it feels horrible!) Peak performers allow how things are to just be, giving them an outside view and thus control.

STEP 2: THE KEY is to constantly adjust your mental image to something that motivates your deep down in your core. This is what peak athletes do but keeping in their mind the prize or accolades they will receive as a result winning.

STEP 3: REFOCUSING is the final step that is possibly the most crucial. You must keep refocusing your mind to that image as vividly as possible. This is paramount due to the vast amount of distractions that plague our daily existence. Keep moving your mind’s eye back to this image that keeps you going, regardless of what the external situations, people or circumstance may attempt to persuade you.

 

You have control over the 20% of your life that matters most. Ironically, that 20% directly influences the remaining 80% that most attempt to control. Don’t fall into that trap. Control that which is in your control, allow the rest to happen as result of your diligent efforts.

 

Yours,

Thomas

“Live your inspiration, deliberately!”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s